Lockdown has made us all bananas about… Bananas?! It’s hard to have a mindless scroll throughout social media at the moment without seeing a picture of a freshly baked banana bread. There seems to be a weird stigma about baking both bread and banana cake and you know what? You bake whatever the hell you want! Lockdown + social distancing from loved ones = insert baked goods into my stomach daily, please.
So, here we are with another banana-based recipe. These muffins are quick and easy to prep and will be in your face in no time!
You will need:
200g plain flour
50g oats and a few extras to pop on top
Heaped teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
Heaped teaspoon of baking powder
100g sultanas (or raisins if that’s all you have!)
100ml oil (vegetable or olive oil work best – I used olive oil)
100g natural yoghurt
4 tablespoons of runny honey
2 big mashed bananas
- Pop the oven on at gas mark 4/180C
- Mix the flour, oats, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and sultanas in one bowl
- In a second bowl, mix together the oil, yoghurt, eggs, honey and bananas
- Tip the wet ingredients into the first bowl and mix (but don’t over mix or they’ll be tough)
- Top the mixture into 12 muffin cases in a muffin tray and sprinkles a few oats on the top of each
- Pop in the oven on the middle shelf for 25-30 minutes. They’re ready when they’re golden brown and a knife comes out clean
Hopefully a lot of these ingredients are those you already have in your cupboard. These are also refined sugar free, if you’re fussed about that kind of thing (although given the current times we’re living through, you deserve all the sugar!) Let me know if you give these a go by tagging me on Instagram @kirstiepickering!
I hope you’re all doing okay! I know everyone’s already said it over and over, but it really is the craziest time. I’m sending you all so much love and please get in touch if you need someone to talk to – no one needs to struggle alone!