I’m a firm believer that you can chuck a load of cinnamon into anything and it can be called ‘wintery’. These fruity treats are one of those bung-it-all-in-the-bowl recipes and go down a treat with a cuppa or warmed up with custard or ice cream for pudding! Yum.
280g plain flour
280g caster sugar
3 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 large apple, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1. Line a rectangular tray with greased baking paper and set the oven at 180 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, sieve in the flour and add the baking powder and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, mix the sugar, eggs and butter until smooth.
4. Slowly fold in the dry ingredients and when fully mixed together, add the raisins and apple.
5. Once fully incorporated, pour the mixture into the tray and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Easy peasy! If you give this recipe a go, be sure to tweet me a photo @kirstiepicker!