Finding The Good In Every Day

one line a day five year memory book urban outfitters diary blog blogger lifestyle photo beauty style home homeware kirstie pickering

Up until the end of secondary school, I kept a diary that I strictly wrote in every day. It felt important to document every single detail of my life, no matter how trivial, even writing in my own little ‘code’ for the more risky business in case my mother stumbled across it hidden in the depths of my underwear drawer. Original.

I fell out of love with that tradition long ago, even throwing away my years of diaries on a particularly ruthless clear out (such regrets now, I can only imagine the toe-curling descriptions of my first crush!)

That was until I stumbled across this lovely little book in Urban Outfitter’s extensively (mostly wacky) reading collection, One Line A Day: Five-Year Memory Book. Each date page is divided into five, meaning you can reflect on that very day for the next five years. At 23, I expect the next five years to have its fair share of ups and downs and I like how I’m restricted to just one line to summarise each day.

Finding the good in every day can be difficult if your day has been something of a car crash. Admittedly, I’ve had some days I’d rather just forgot and have written a stroppy ‘terrible day, in bed with five packets of biscuits by 8pm,’ sort of dismissive entry.

But looking deeper into the past 24 hours makes you think about the good in every day. Even if you had a bad day at work, did your best friend send you a text that put a brief smile on your face? Did your boyfriend pop round unannounced because he could tell you felt crappy? Did you have a really banging lunch? I keep mine next to my bed as a reminder to jot a little something down before bed!

How have you documented memories as you’ve got older?

Share:

10 Comments

1. Ella
    June 16, 2016 / 9:32 pm

My friend bought me one of these, I love it! Although sometimes I'm so tired it's a struggle to even write one line hahaElla xxhttp://www.truthfullyella.co.uk/

• Kirstie Pickering
      June 19, 2016 / 6:06 pm

It's a struggle to remember after a few days isn't it, especially if it just seemed like any old work day! So nice to keep though 🙂 x

2. mohit rao kumar
    September 10, 2017 / 8:08 am

packers and movers in delhi are one of the leading packers and movers. Movers Packers are offering our services not only in Delhi but also other major cities of India.Movers engaged in packing, loading and unloading, transportation/moving, car transportation, warehousing, Packing And Moving services in India. packers and movers in ghaziabad Just oversee the ancient system of managing everything all alone and hire professional Packers and Movers in Ghaziabad if you are in Ghaziabad. So if you are … packers and movers kolkata There are many packers and movers companies in Kolkata. If you are planning to shift to Kolkata, then availing the services of Movers and packers in Kolkata is …

3. Ashish Sharma
    October 20, 2017 / 6:31 am

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write.Agarwal Packers and MoversMovers and PackersPackers and MoversPackers and Movers HyderabadPackers and Movers NoidaAgarwal Packers and Movers Pune, Movers and Packers PuneAgarwal Packers and Movers BlogAgarwal Packers and Movers Delhi, Packers and Movers in DelhiAgarwal Packers and Movers Bangalore, Packers and Movers BangalorePackers and Movers MumbaiPackers and Movers ChennaiAgarwal Packers and Movers in Kota, Packers And Movers in Kota

4. Hybrid Accounting
    August 13, 2018 / 9:59 am

Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more useful posts.Hybrid AccountingAccounting Services in indianapolisbookkeeping services in indianapolispayroll services in indianapolistax preparation in indianapolisAccounts Payable Services in indianapolisaccounting services in greenwoodCPA in greenwood

5. Indian Packers and Movers
    September 15, 2018 / 9:36 am

I appreciate this post and its seems looking so informative Thanks for sharing with us..Packers and movers in andheri westPackers and movers in santacruz eastPackers and movers in santacruz westPackers and movers in vile parle eastPackers and movers in vile parle westPackers and movers in jogeshwari

6. Kaushik _logisticspackers
    September 22, 2018 / 9:33 am

Thank you for your post quality articles and may be useful for many people.Packers and Movers in GaneshkhindPackers and Movers in KothrudPackers and Movers in ThergaonPackers and Movers in TathawadePackers and Movers in SangviPackers and Movers in Dapodi

7. Hybrid Accounting
    September 25, 2018 / 7:02 am

Nice post and very informative! Thank you for sharing. Accounting services in HoustonAccountant in Chicago CPA firm in Dallas CPA in Austin Tax Preparation Services in Fort Worth

8. Hybrid Accounting
    September 25, 2018 / 7:03 am

This article is really good. It has solved one of queries in my mind. thanks. for any accounting related help you can visit – http://www.hybridkpo.comHybrid AccountingAccounting Services in indianapolisbookkeeping services in indianapolispayroll services in indianapolistax preparation in indianapolis

9. sandeep kumar
    January 16, 2019 / 5:47 am

Packers and Movers in Delhi -Air Cargo Packers and Movers is a Delhi based Packers Movers Company offering reliable and cost-effective Packers Movers services, Packers and Movers in Delhi and Packing Moving services in all over India. It has branches in all the main cities of India. Packers and Movers in Delhi price the feelings of our customers and thence take that further care, whereas moving and packaging the products of our customers.